5 Litre Poly Pin – 8.7 Pints (Collection Only)
£15.25 – £20.00 inc. VAT
8.7 pint Polypin
Our 5 litre polypins are filled with 8.7 pints of fresh cask beer. Pre order and collect from the brewery just behind the Fox and Crown pub. Available also in 3 Litres and 10 Litres.
To order, simply pick which beer you would like, complete the payment choosing collection from the brewery and then come to collect with your invoice. Availability relates to brewing schedule, please allow 2 week notice.
Original Bitter 3.8%
Gold Star Pale Ale 4.2%
Nut Brown 4.0%
India Pale Ale 5.5%
Little Star Brewery, 33 Church Street, Old Basford, Nottingham. NG6 0GA.
1. Once you pick up your polypin, transport it in an upright position with the tap at the top.
2. Store your cask in a cool place away from direct sunlight in the position that it will stay while it is in use.
3. Next, vent your cask in the upright position by opening the tap and releasing any gas. If it has been bouncing around in the back of the car though we recommend you do not do this immediately! To access the tap, break and remove the perforated panel of cardboard to reveal the tap underneath.
4. Once vented, turn your polypin so that the tap is on the side and easily accessible for pouring.
5. Now your polypin is in the place where it will be consumed, raise the back of it just an inch or so.
6. Before you get too excited and pour yourself a well-earned pint, you need to let the cask settle for 24 hours, or at the very minimum overnight. This is to allow the yeast and sediment inside to settle out to the bottom.
7. Once settled, you can test the beer. Sometimes a small amount of sediment will settle in the tap, so pour a small amount out and discard if it is cloudy. The beer should run clear within ¼ of a pint.
8. All is ready – the party can now begin! Once opened, your cask will remain fresh for up to five days.